Tuesday, August 30, 2005

illustration friday: dreams

I've been wanting to post this drawing since friday night (when i made it) but i couldn't get a good picture of it (again). I finally gave up and decided to put this one...

This week's topic is dreams and it's a subject I particularly enjoy talking about (and drawing, and writing, etc), so I was very happy to do this one. Plus I finished reading about a month ago the Sandman series, by Neil Gaiman and all of the characters and the stories have been haunting me ever since. Anyhow, this drawing has probably nothing to do with it, unlike another drawing i did afterwards, which i may or may not post here tomorrow.

Just like the previous one, I made this with dipping pen and black ink. I'm not very sure what's under that fishy hat...

7 comments:

Sarah said...

I love the style of this drawing and find the concept really interesting. Beautiful drawing -

Ellen said...

I find this particularly interesting. You did a great job interpreting the topic!

Tony LaRocca said...

That is a fantastic picture- something I'd love to have on my wall

träumerei said...

:D thanks a lot !!!!!
wee. it's good to see some people liked it :D

Unknown said...

Glad to see there's another Sandman reader out there! Have you read any other works by Neil Gaiman? I like the drawing, it's creepy and a bit gothic. Also, thanks for the post on my blog, I always welcome comments.

träumerei said...

thanks for your kind comments ! :)

well, i haven't read much... just some poems and snow glass apples, and i read his journal regularly. the problem is that his novels are hard to find here, and quite expensive too.(i live in argentina). i'd love to read good omens, and american gods, and everything. but i don't like reading from the computer much. unless it's a short story or something.

i hope you see this thing. blogger is quite bad with the comments, (you won't get a notification for this reply..), though it's good with other stuff.

Johnnynorms said...

I like your whimsical curly ink in this one. A delightful moment when I spotted the character in the bath with bubbles I'd not seen straight away!
I'm also fond of the woman looking at her puddle reflection in your previous one.